As if moving isn't already a giant pain in the rear, I HATE changing over billing information, setting up new services, and cancelling old services. I respect customer service representatives and the job they are intended to do, but for some reason, they never seem to accomplish the goals I need them to.
In this recent moving process I have somehow managed to thouroughly confuse my car insurance and car payment company, the old internet company, my home loan company, and hmm, I think that is it. My car payment didn't get paid and then they took out double payment and my car insurance had to be reset and a new policy opened. These things aren't a huge deal (thank goodness for internet banking), but it is frustrating to go through the process to get things in the correct order.
Currently I am dealing with the idiots at Cable One in trying to figure out my unpaid bill. I called and cancelled service on June 9th, but they have managed to bill me for last month and the upcoming month. I have spent the last hour trying to contact them, but their automated system says, "We are experiencing a high volume of calls. Please try again later. Goodbye." and then it hangs up on me. How incredibly irritating!
As for my house, I have a IHFA loan and I failed to remember that I have to live there the life of the loan. Anyhow, I had to fill out a 6 month waiver form in order to not be in vialation. I did so, sent it off, and recieved an approved letter and a copy of the form for my records. Yesterday I was sent a final notice with the same waiver form inside. When I called to check up on the issue the woman in Boise said she has never seen or recieved any of my information, but she is the one whose signature is on my approval form. I am so very confused and once again irritated by this monotonous process. (Update: This lady got things in order, she forgot to update my account after the approval form was sent!)
Sorry about the grumpy post, but I find it so very frustrating and I had to share! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Oh, if anyone needs my new address, please email me at lindseylou19@yahoo.com.
4 comments:
I understand all of those things much too well .. ha.. Somehow it does get better. Happy Anniversary to you too! You look gorgeous in your baby posing pics :) I am so glad you were able to update your blog. It's great to know what's going on with you.
Grrr. I understand all about that moved 7 times in 2 years. I would recommend the first time you get an automated voice either say, "customer service" or hit 0. It will always move you directly to a real person. Definate time saver!!!! Good luck
I know how frustrating it can be. So glad to know you are settling in. We all miss you and we think of you often. I hope you update often as it is so good to see you are doing well.
I'm so sorry Lindsey! I could not have handled all that myself. I am so lucky that Shane takes care of all the hard stuff. Good luck!
Post a Comment