I thought for sure, moving and selling our home were the only challenges we had ahead of us when we left Idaho Falls a month and a half ago---I thought wrong!
Maybe it is because I am pregnant and emotional or something, but this is all so hard to deal with. How do we make the right choice? I suppose I should let you in as to the choices at hand. Here is what we are faced with:
Scenario #1We continue to live in Utah, possibly still paying for a home in Idaho that doesn't want to sell (we are paying about $1400 a month between both residences). We live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex (climbing 24 stairs with groceries, baby in carseat, etc.). We must walk our dog 3 times a day to use the restroom. Tony works for his uncle; makes more $-:), job security-:), job training-:(. We have insurance for the baby as soon as he is born. We have very little family support to help with the baby. Tony has more time to study for his CPA exams, but has to have a master's degree to become a CPA in Utah (3 more years of night school). We have to walk outside and down the hall to the community, coin-op washer and dryer. Dishwasher.
Scenario #2We pack up and move back to Idaho. We have to pay all the costs to move back (breaking lease-$2190, gas to move home-$400, extras-$50). We live in our house that could sell at any moment (please dear Lord help us) and have to move again. Buddy has a backyard. Tony works for a company who seems to have a great environment; less $ to start-:(, job security not as stable-:(, job training- :). We don't have insurance for the baby until December 1st, so we will have to pay for Cobra ($700 a month) or try to see if we qualify for assistance. We have family and friends support to help with the baby. Tony has less time to study for CPA, but once he passes 2 more tests he is a CPA. We have a washer and dryer inside our house. No dishwasher.
I could keep adding more pros and cons to the list, but I think this gives you a pretty detailed picture. Since Monday we have been discussing what we should do and we still haven't been struck with what decision will be the best for our family. I want Tony to be happy in his work and he wants me to be happy in general. We have until tomorrow morning to choose to say yes to the new job offer or not.
My job today is to try to decide what I want and I obviously would love to go back to Idaho, but the money is such a huge deterrent that I don't know how we can afford to. I suggested we result to flipping coins and Tony doesn't feel like that is a good idea. If anyone has any profound words of advice or great suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!
P.S. Try not to call me until after 7 p.m. because moving here has also caused a HUMONGOUS cell phone increase for me.