Monday, January 14, 2008

Tony moves to SLC

So as far as the "daily happenings" I spoke of in the title, yeah, um, I am obviously behind on that statement! Life has been busy and now with the holidays over, I am still trying to recreate a normal household with out cutsey Christmas decor all around. I am currently unsuccessful in that area, but have it ink on my to do list.

The last few days have been really challenging because Tony packed up his things to go live and work in Salt Lake for the tax season. He got a job as a staff accountant for his uncle and has really been excited about it until this weekend. The HUGE downfall is that I won't be able to be there until I can sell the house and complete my teaching contract (May 29th). He is now living in an all-boy bachelor pad. Yet another big adjustment from our newly married home. He has a small, basement room in a pig infested, decor deficient home. The poor thing is struggling to make the bridge between what he knows and loves to what is new and not so lovely!

I do believe we all have trials/difficult times we must endure. This is one of those times in our lives! We have learned how much we do love each other and how thankful we are to be married. We have shed many tears, but have to stop to be thankful for the gifts of email, IM, and newly purchased webcams we can hopefully set up this week. The upside is we will be able to spend more quality, fun time together on the weekends and accomplish individual goals throughout the week. I hope to be better at keeping our home in order, to work only until 6 or 7 each night, and to excercise and eat right. I don't know what Tony's goals are, but since our last conversation it might be to simply make it through this first night apart with out packing up and moving home.

Honey, we can do this and we will make it. To the rest of you, keep us in your prayers and send Tony an uplifting message if you can. Thanks :)

2 comments:

Kari said...

Hi! I'm so glad you're writing on here now! Yay!!!

I'm sorry you guys have to be apart, I cannot imagine how hard that must be. But you'll do great and when you are both in SLC please come visit us!!! We would love to hang out with you!

Also, if Tony is lonely, he is more than welcome to come over and play X-box with Adam or go play basketball. Let us know, ok?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Tony is lonely in SLC, and that you are in IF alone having to deal with everything on your own. I am sure you are both struggling right now. It's not easy being separated from someone you love. Imagine how much I miss you? If you were closer to me, I could have helped you out instead of Aunt Bonnie. I pray every day that you will move home, not further away. I'm keeping the faith, but it seems inevitable that you will follow Tony to Utah. We only see each other a few times a year as it is, and you only live 2+ hours away now. I'm scared that you will come home even less often when the trip will be 4 hours one way, weather permitting, and the price of gas (not to mention your busy schedules). Guess, I'll just keep praying. I LOVE you Hunny Bunny!! Momma