Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Christmas Tree





Last Saturday we went to the mountains and cut down a Christmas tree.  Tony did a great job of finding a pretty full and uniform tree.  It looked small as he was carrying it down the road, but in our house it looks almost perfect (except it can't support a star-I'll post photos later). 
It was a fun adventure, but no money was really saved.  We ended up spending almost more on lights (we got the LEDs to conserve energy) and a tree stand, than we would have on a artificial tree.  Oh well, now we can say we did have a real tree.  The weird thing is it doesn't really smell.  Guess I need to get some pine tree air freshener!  

Sawyer and I waiting for Tony to come back with a tree.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Cute! I've never been to cut a live tree before...at least that I can remember.

We have an artificial tree we got on sale after Christmasa few years ago. It's a good tree and was a great price. You should see if you can find one next week for a good deal if you're interested.

Lindsey Lou said...

I agree!