(Note to all: This post is more for scrap booking purposes than sharing with others. I don't see the scrap book for this adventure being complete any time in the near future, but I need to keep track of it somewhere, and my blog is the best place I can think of. Feel free to browse through the photos, but don't feel obligated to read the details! :))

Thursday, May 6th, 2010- Our first morning at DisneyWorld was spent eating breakfast as the Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort. We rode a bus from our hotel and arrived just in time for me to use the restroom (I'm pretty sure I saw all the restrooms in DisneyWorld this vacation). They took us in a few minutes early for our reservation which made us all happy (we were hungry). Sawyer loved to see Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. I was bummed to not see Mickey, but he must have been sailing for the day or something fun. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal and they had the most delicious orange juice (probably because we were in Florida-ya think?) There were Mickey shaped waffles, and every other breakfast food we could have dreamed of. I ate too much and Sawyer ate too little due to his excitement each time the characters came around. Donald even helped him when he lost a shoe. It was a great way to start out our vacation. After breakfast, we beat the lines and entered Epcot the back way from the Beach Club Resort (it was awesome).

Once inside Epcot we wandered around and inside Innoventions Sawyer found a life-size fire truck to play with and admire. He loved it! This time of year is the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, so they have wonderful topiaries all throughout the park (as seen above).
Our afternoon meal was at The Coral Reef Restaurant. We were able to sit right next to the aquarium and enjoy the fish, sharks, and sting rays as we ate. This of course was in between Sawyer's grumpiness. He was ready for a nap and eating out wasn't very conducive to napping. We still enjoyed amazing mahi-mahi and delectable desserts (I had a molten chocolate cake and Tony and Sawyer shared a layered chocolate mouse. Stuffed again, we were on our way to enjoy the rest of the park.

They painted the pink monorail for the new release of Tron later this year. It was fun trying to get photos of the "Tronorail". Tony met up with his friend Tyson to ride Mission Space, but before his ride, he and Sawyer dressed in their "space suits". Later Sawyer found a fun water fountain. At first he observed, tried to wait for the fountains to spurt water out, and after about 10 minutes he was laughing, running from fountain to fountain soaking wet.

The only day we didn't bring him an extra change of clothes was this day. I felt a little bad because the weather cooled off. He fell asleep and dried as we adventured around the world showcase. Here the boys are with our favorite troll. We take a photo with him in Norway every year. Our last photos of the day are with the topiaries and a blurry Epcot ball.
1 comment:
Looks like sooo much FUN!! I would love to go there. When you get back I would love to here the things you liked and would do again and also the things you wouldn't because in a few years we want to go there.
Post a Comment