Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter

I love Easter!  Bunnies, baskets, jellybeans and all things spring, make me smile.  This year we tried to color eggs and were mostly successful.  Sawyer loved to toss the eggs in the cups and only cracked 4.  Next year we will work to be more gentle. 

The Easter Bunny stopped by our house on Sunday morn.  Sawyer got some new cars, sidewalk crayons, and candy, candy, candy.  Tony got 3 caramel Cadbury eggs and I got a Cadbury creme egg (my favorite).

Once we were ready, we loaded up Tony's dad's CRV and made the trek home to see my family.  It was a short trip, but it was so nice to see everyone.  We hadn't seen The Browns since September (that was way too long) and the rest of the crew since Christmas.  Thank goodness for the internet so I could keep updated on how things were going, but you can't hug through the internet very well.
 There were more than 5 dozen eggs and Sawyer was the only one hunting them (with Uncle Kade's help).  He didn't really like "picking up" the eggs as I suggested, he only wanted to throw them on the ground (another skill to perfect for next year).
I made two delicious pies to share, a lemon cream cheese and a strawberry fudge cream cheese.  I don't know if anyone else enjoyed them, but I thought they were marvelous.  We feasted on cheeseburgers and other picnic type fare.  It was a long day of driving, but it was totally worth it.  Happy Easter Day!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Fun! I like Easter, it's a nice family holiday with a beautiful purpose.