Friday, February 26, 2010

Another day (and I lost my lunch)

Hey I thought that nausea, vomiting thing was going to subside once your first trimester was over!  I suppose I feel better in some ways, but I sat down to eat my leftover Jaker's prime rib melt (leftovers from work last night) today for lunch (it was so delicious for dinner).  Not so much for lunch!  I ate and then apparently the baby said, "no way", and now I am having an Otter Pop instead.  It is hard to explain to Sawyer why he needs to eat green beans and mashed potatoes for lunch and why mommy gets to eat popsickles.  Needless to say, we are now splitting a frozen Italian ice (like an Otter Pop, but more flavorful). 

I am supposed to be getting ready to go to Utah, so I need to bust a move, but since I am posting I might as well update you on Sawyer James. 

Sawyer is in love with the movie Cars.  He wants to watch it every hour of every day.  I know that he isn't supposed to watch t.v. very much at his age, but it is the only thing that makes him stop complaining for it.  We even bought him a Lightening McQueen car to play with and he likes it, but still wants the movie too.  He went for his 17 month check up on Monday .  Some of you might be wondering why 17 months?  The doctor wanted to make sure he was gaining weight so we had his 18 month check up a month early.  I was so happy to hear he has gained weight.  He weighs 20 lbs. 13 oz., he is 30 3/4 in. tall, and his head 18 3/4 in.  The doctor said things look great and he doesn't need to see him back until September.  (Weird to think that by then we will have a new baby.)  Sawyer still calls Tony "mama" so last night when he was crying "mama" we couldn't figure out what he wanted.  In the end it was me, but I hope he changes his name for Tony to "dada" soon.

I will post photos next week of our weekend outing in Utah!  I better get moving or I will be in trouble.  

1 comment:

MattandChandra said...

Lindsey, if I had to guess you're probably having a girl.There is something about being pregnant with girls that seems to make everyone sick very sick for a very long time. Not just the usual 1st trimester stuff.That's what I think anyway.

I want to have more kids but I would rather go through labor 20 times then have to be pregnant again. I think about it and it just scares me!I often think will Hadley suffer if I get pregnant again and am spending the entire day in the bathroom. Maybe I will have a boy next and won't be so sick!
I wish you luck with feeling better! I am glad Sawyer is healthy and I don't see anything wrong with him liking cars so much.Every child does that at one time or another.