Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We're having a baby

It seems odd to post these words on the blog I had planned for my and Tony's adventures in our early marriage. This is obviously going to be one of our adventures, but I never thought it would be so soon in our marriage. We took 3 tests on February 2nd, and my first appointment was President's Day. I wanted to wait to post this until we had told almost all of our family. I didn't want anyone to be upset because they found out via blog.

Due to the fact that we have only been married for 6 months, the shock was pretty overwhelming. I had wanted kids someday, but Tony waivered between never and maybe someday. Our life is full of change right now (Tony in Utah, me here, the upcoming move to Utah, new jobs, etc.) so this huge news almost pushed us over the top. After about a week we came to the conclusion that The Lord felt it was time for us to be blessed with a baby and this baby wants to be a part of our family. Now we are both pretty excited!

Tony came with me to my first appointment and we got to have an ultrasound. It was reassuring for us both to know that there really was a baby in there and that things were going ok so far. It is nice to be able to see the tiny ultrasound pictures on days, when I feel not ready or worried about what the future holds. Some days I still don't feel ready or old enough to be a parent, but I hope with time that will come.

I went to my second appointment last Monday and I got to hear the heartbeat. It was 164 to 175 beats a minute. I really think you should get to have an ultrasound every visit so you can actually see it, but I guess I will have to wait until the first of May when we have the "real" one. My next appiointment in April they will be testing my thyroid again because it wasn't working normally.

I am 14 weeks now and have been lucky enough to only have thrown up once from brushing my teeth in the a.m. I am starting to show and feeling very large. I have failed to exercise very well since our wedding and now my gym membership is up, so I am currently searching for a good exercise routine that will help me feel better about myself. I want to go outside and walk, but the weather is more crummy than not. If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know. :)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Lindsey! I think that's pretty exciting! It's definitely a big change (whether planned or not), but it'll be a wonderful change I'm sure. Hopefully you and Tony will be in Utah together soon, I'm sure that's pretty rough. One day it'll all be behind you though. (OK, so that's pretty obvious but it seems like the appropriate chit chat, yeah?) Anywho, CONGRATS!

Katie said...

Congratulations! We conceived Alli after only four (or was it five?) months of marriage. It's crazy, and life sure changes after a baby comes, but it's a wonderful kind of weariness.